[asterisk-users] OT: Quad-band cellphones with wifi & stablesipsupport

Tim Connolly tconnolly at theplanet.com
Mon Jan 15 03:47:37 MST 2007

 Its not quad band and in my opinion doesn't perform well enough to be
used for anything but basic email and phone calls. This phone, even on
the newest version of firmware (Sprint) hangs when syncing with exchange
to the point where you miss calls even though you tried to answer them.
If you turn on wifi or Bluetooth, it simply compounds the problems. It
will also require (literally) a ritualistic daily reset Notice the reset
button on the bottom of the phone? Seriously, unless you live in an area
where EVDO isn't offered even at 1x, forget the wifi. I don't think this
phone has the muscle you want. My Treo 700wx outperforms my old PPC-6700
3 to 1 and doesn't lockup or need reset (rarely). The only really
feature I lost was wifi and it took me two weeks to even notice this
phone didn't have it.