[asterisk-users] Suggestion for a new asterisk setup.

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Sat Jan 13 14:30:43 MST 2007

On Fri, Jan 12, 2007 at 01:59:27PM -0600, Andy Hester wrote:
> In the current setup, asterisk is behind a different nat/firewall than
> the LAN phones.  The phones are using sccp.  If the asterisk box is
> compromised, it is not on the local LAN.  This is what I think he
> doesn't want to give up.

Firewall != NAT.

You only need SCCP (and RTP?) transport between the Asterisk server and
the LAN. Block anything else. But keep it in the same address space.

Start with a configuration where everything is blocked. Punch specific
and understandable holes. You'll practically need the same holes to get
SCCP past NAT.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org