[asterisk-users] two level administration tool for Asterisk

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Sat Jan 13 02:27:22 MST 2007

I worked on something like this about a year ago.  It was a multi
tenant web gui that virtualized pretty much everything from extensions
to sip/iax users to voicemail.  What I found that worked fairly well
was to use a prefix for everything user specific with a format that
could easily be parsed.  I used a double underscore followed by a
username followed by a double underscore for the prefix, it worked
pretty well.  I had a couple of functions that would add the prefix
when writing the configuration to a database, and strip it when
displaying everything on the web.  I used a database schema for
storing the configuration data and when it was updated it would write
out the static asterisk files.

The configuration files get a bit more difficult to read, but the
upside is that users could define whatever names they want for things
like extensions and mailboxes without any naming clashes.