[asterisk-users] Echo...

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Fri Jan 12 13:02:01 MST 2007

On Friday 12 January 2007 1:42 pm, Ken Williams wrote:
> Thanks for the tips, any ideas why either the power split or the card
> slot would keep add echo, or at least make it so my echo settings
> weren't taking?  As soon as I modified the hardware the echo was vastly
> improved, then the minor modifications mentioned above wrapped it up.

The power split would not have affected it in any way whatsoever; it's
supplying power to the ringer circuitry only.

The card slot could have moved the card to another IRQ which, depending on
what else is in there, could have been causing enough of a delay in servicing
the wctdm interrupt that it could have pushed the echo out beyond what the
software echo canceller can handle.

-A.