[asterisk-users] Re: Voxbone Question

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Fri Jan 12 10:47:52 MST 2007

In article <c11d02530701120831n2f412eedyfe1d797c7fb0f8e2 at mail.gmail.com>,
Matt <mhoppes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi List,
> I recently signed up with Voxbone to get some International DIDs.   I
> was just about to purchase a DID this morning... but when I went to
> get it.... voxbone wanted the end user's address information.  So I
> started to put it in... unfortunately... the end-user is in the
> U.S....but the only options are for a few select cities in GERMANY!
> I don't understand.  Is there some legislation that says German DIDs
> can't be exported?

Presumably this is for a DID in Germany. There is indeed some German
legislation that seems to require all their PSTN numbers to be registered
to an address in Germany.

Fortunately, the client of mine who wanted one had an office in the
required town, so we used that.

Not sure what you have to do if the end-user doesn't have a presence
in Germany.

This is probably better off in asterisk-biz

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield