FW: [asterisk-users] Get dialed numbers in AGI

Ralph Liebessohn ralphliebessohn at gmail.com
Fri Jan 12 03:13:00 MST 2007

On 1/11/07, Mike D'Ambrogia <miked at jamagination.com> wrote:

>  Ralph
>
> Kind of new to asterisk, and really new to AGI but it looks like you were
> trying to have the AGI script tell asterisk to read and lay the results into
> my_var and then regain control in the AGI script, is that correct?
>
> If so I don't think that will work since the dialplan variables are only
> exposed/visible when you start the AGI script, since you are still within
> the AGI script you'll probably never see my_var if called this way
>
> md

Mike,

that's my first agi. Easy to see, ahm?
What I'm thinking to do is, play a sound, get the numbers dialed, see on a
db what to do using the dialed numbers, get back to dialplan (go to a queue
or something else).
The way started to work is that you said, send dialed as parameter to agi
and get it with $argv[1]. And I was trying to get it from stdin.
Things I do not understand well and the documentations I've read are not so
clear are the way agi work with some things like:
- How can I fix this agi to work?

AGI Rx << exec read my_var|sound-file|5|||15
    -- AGI Script Executing Application: (read) Options:
(my_var|sound-file|5|||15)
    -- Accepting a maximum of 5 digits.
    -- Playing 'sound-file' (language 'en')
    -- User entered '85214'
AGI Tx >> 200 result=0
AGI Rx << get variable my_var
AGI Tx >> 200 result=1 (85214)
AGI Rx << exec saydigits Resource id #1   // (this is the result of my_var)

All the variables here was my_var, it worked for GET VARIABLE but didn't for
SAYDIGITS and odbc connection. How can I SAYDIGITS of my_var or insert
my_var value into a db?

- What I need more to use WAIT FOR DIGIT? Because it didn't stop to wait for
digits.
- STDIN shoudn't get the result of READ or GET VARIABLE? Where these values
go?

--
Ralph Liebessohn
ICQ: 74835911