[asterisk-users] "real life" example of SLA definition

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Jan 11 14:27:09 MST 2007

Steve Langstaff wrote:
> Kevin - can you give a quick description of what shared lines are (as
> opposed to shared extensions)?

Shared Line Appearance == key system, essentially. Buttons on phones are
mapped to actual trunk lines, and reflect the status of that trunk line,
including being able to barge in (conference), hold and pickup at
another phone, etc.

Shared Extensions are different... although there are a lot of
similarities, and we may end up being able to use our SLA code to
achieve Shared Extensions, it's not currently something we are working on.