[asterisk-users] "Dropping Incompatible Voice Frame"

Jay Moore jaymoore at accu-com.com
Thu Jan 11 13:42:04 MST 2007

Having a problem here that I can't seem to find a fix for.

PSTN call comes in, operator answers, transfers call to a phone behind
an IAXy.

Caller hears no sound after being transferred.
IAXy can hear caller, but not vice versa.

Client reads:

NOTICE[11342]: channel.c:1950 ast_read: Dropping incompatible voice
frame on IAX2/jim-7 of format gsm since our native format has changed to
ulaw

Not sure how to proceed.  Please advise.

Thanks,
Jay