[asterisk-users] "real life" example of SLA definition

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 YEHAVI at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Thu Jan 11 08:22:00 MST 2007

> You say you can't put 'extension 3' on both phones because only one can
> register to it, but that is incorrect. Extensions and SIP devices are
> not the the same thing; extensions exist in the dialplan, and SIP
> devices are in the SIP channel driver.
>
> Create two SIP friends for the two phones to use for their 'extension 3'
> line appearance (call them 'phone1-ext3' and 'phone2-ext3' or
> something), get them both to register, and then dial both devices from
> the dialplan when extension 3 is called.

OK, but how do I make that when extension 3 is being used on one phone the
other one can see its status, and when it is placed on hold then it can be
picked-up on the other phone by just hitting the line button?

I am trying to emulate the current phone system behaviour, as this is what the
users want...

                                  Thanks! __Yehavi: