[asterisk-users] how to realize chief - secretary (or Manager - Assistant) setup with Asterisk?

Michael Hamann mail at mhamann.net
Thu Jan 11 06:21:09 MST 2007

Hey Rosli,

we are already using this feature which works quite well... Except for a
bug(?) with the bristuff patches (pickupchan) that always picks up the
latest ringing extension and not the extension I control via hint. It
seems that it does not pick up the given sip extension (e.g. SIP/333)
but the latest ringing SIP extension in general.

Right now we have the problem that when two phone are ringing and
somebody pushes the pickup button, not the monitored call is picked up
but the other one which is ringing at the same time on someone else´s
extension. But I will try some patches the next days...

The problem here is that the managers phone still rings on incoming
calls. With the old traditional pbx, the manager was able to mute his
phone and send all calls to his assistant.

But maybe I can do that with the action urls on the snom phones... hmm...

I will try that and report if it works...

Thanks anyway for your (and all the other) answer ...

Michael