[asterisk-users] generating SIP errors

Steve Cayona steve at supertec.com
Wed Jan 10 14:22:13 MST 2007

I have a DID vendor that wants me to be able to generate specific SIP
error messages under certain conditions and I'm completely stumped on
how to do these:

#1 - They want to see a SIP 503 error response(service unavailable) when
they send the call in to an active extension and and the service is not
available, I don't have a
clue on how to simulate this.

#2 - When they send in a call to an extension that doesn't exist they
want to see a SIP 100 TRYING message before the receive the 404 NOT
FOUND error.  Currently
I have only been able to generate the 404 error.

Any help, clues, tips or tricks are greatly appreciated in advance.
I've searched the web for hours begging for scraps and still have come
up empty handed