[asterisk-users] Get dialed numbers in AGI

Lee Jenkins lee at datatrakpos.com
Wed Jan 10 11:45:20 MST 2007

Ralph Liebessohn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to write a AGI in PHP to get the numbers dialed (with
> read()), save it into a variable to insert it into a SQL server
> database. But I cannot see results into the variable, it always return
> NULL.
> Here is a piece of the AGI.
>
> fwrite(STDOUT,"exec Read my_var|/sound_to_play|5|||15 \n");
> fflush(STDOUT);
> $conn=odbc_connect('MSSQL', 'USER', 'PASS');
> $query = odbc_exec($conn, "INSERT INTO dialed(number) VALUES('$my_var')");
>
> Even if I only show my_var value or try to use it inside asterisk, the
> value is NULL.
> There is another way to do it? Am I doing a mistake here?
> I'm using Asterisk 1.2.13.

I'm not a php guy, but aren't we missing the part that retrieves the
value saved into my_var from the call to READ?

// In this part you run the read command and asterisk
// stores the value into the channel variable "my_var"

fwrite(STDOUT,"exec Read my_var|/sound_to_play|5|||15 \n");

// In this part you are constructing your sql statement
// with a null value cause you didn't make a call to
// GET VARIABLE before constructing your sql.

$query = odbc_exec($conn, "INSERT INTO dialed(number) VALUES('$my_var')");

--

Warm Regards,

Lee