[asterisk-users] DTMF on Snom

asterisk at frameweb.it asterisk at frameweb.it
Wed Jan 10 03:33:18 MST 2007

Hi all,

I have problem using DTMF on Snom Phones (300, 320 and 360)

I read they use in preference out-of-band DTMF , and if the remote system
does not support it they default back to inband.

I would like to use DTMF as out of band , and I defined
dtmfmode=rfc2833
in the peer configuration.

Nope, I am no able to access any ouside services using DTMF;

Another kind of phones, ATCOM AT320, can be configured as inbond or out of
band;

Again, If I use out of band (rfc2833) I am not able to use DTMF
If I use
dtmfmode=inband in the peer definition and in the phone configuration, it
works ( I am using g711 codec)

Anyway I wouldn't  like to use inband, I would prefer to use gsm codec as I
know inband does not work very well with gsm codec

So the problem is: why my asterisk box defect on using rfc2833 ?
It is not a phone problem (4 phones of 2 different brands behave in the
same way)

What can I check in my asterisk configuration ?

thanks in advance,
Andrea

Chi ricevesse questa mail per errore e' gentilmente pregato di cancellarla.

Visitate il sito http://www.frameweb.it