[asterisk-users] Handling SIP 482 condition

Chris Miller asterisk at scratchspace.com
Tue Jan 9 15:02:11 MST 2007

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> Chris Miller wrote:
>
>> I would tend to agree, but the context that holds these number is an
>> inbound context which includes additional logic that would fail
>> normal calls. Yes, I can add the DIDs to the outbound context, but
>> the point here is not to have a bloated dialplan with parallel data
>> in multiple contexts. If I must have parallel data, I'd rather do a
>> lookup in an external table using AstDB or an application similar to
>> DUNDILookup() or ENUMLookup().
>>
>> Another route I tried was to setup a "local" SIP trunk to catch the
>> loops and send them down the inbound context. This fails because
>> there are no SIP headers and the unknown peer is effectively NULL and
>> will never match this trunk. As I said, they just get routed to
>> from-sip-external.
>
> Put the DIDs in a context by themselves.  include => that context in
> both your incoming context and your phones context.

Thanks for the reply. I know this will work and am already doing this as
a temporary workaround, but this doesn't really scale with
hundreds/thousands of DIDs. I'm trying to avoid a bloated dialplan and
the DIDs are already listed in another context, taking up space.

What I'm looking for is some way to catch 482 loops and treat them as
inbound calls without resorting to a parallel context. Failing that, I'd
like to perform efficient lookups in an external DB, perhaps killing two
birds with one stone (all DIDs can just exist in the DB).

Chris