[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.2.11 - ResponseTimeout being ignored

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 14:55:23 MST 2007

All - this is probably a simple problem, but I've been pulling my hair
out trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I'm building a
*simple* IVR menu.  Here it is:

[main-menu]
exten => s,1,Answer
exten => s,2,SetMusicOnHold(default)
exten => s,3,DigitTimeout(5)
exten => s,4,ResponseTimeout(30)
exten => s,5,Background(logic-main)
exten => _4XX,1,Macro(stdexten,SIP/${EXTEN})
exten => 0,1,VoiceMail(466 at default)
exten => 2,1,Directory(default|logic-boston]
exten => 2,2,Goto(main-menu,s,5)
exten => 3,1,Playback(logic-directions)
exten => 3,2,Goto(main-menu,s,5)
exten => t,1,GoTo(main-menu,s,5)

Everything is working fine except the ResponseTimeout().  My
understanding is that, as configured above, asterisk will wait for 30
seconds...if, after that amount of time, it hasn't received valid
digits, it'll jump to the "t" extension.  That's not happening.
Immediately after the Background() sound file completes, I get this:

-- Playing 'logic-main' (language 'en')
== Auto fallthrough, channel 'SIP/445-0815e1d0' status is 'UNKNOWN'

Any ideas?  This seemed like it should be simple, but it's getting the
best of me.

Thanks-
Erik

--