[asterisk-users] Asterisk and Avaya IP Office

housi mueller melicf2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 9 13:41:11 MST 2007

The main goal is that any extension from the Avaya PBX can make long distance calls using the asterisk server as VoIP gateway (using a SIP Provider).

  It would be also great if from a remote IP Phone (in an other location), a user could use the Asterisk server to dial in and the * forward’s the call to an Avaya extension.

  The Avaya has an VCM card an IP Phones (5610) as extensions. First I thought to connect the * to the Avaya through the ethernet interface but then I was reading in forums that there are for Avaya third party IP phone licence needed and that the communication with oh323 is not stable.

  I thought also putting the Asterisk in front of the Avaya.
  Telco T1 -> Asterisk <- T1 -> Avaya PBX

  This could be a solution for later one. Right know for testing it would be to expensive.  That's why I thought about the Avaya analog Asterisk FXO interconnection.

  Any suggestions..?

Thomas Kenyon <digium at sanguinarius.co.uk> wrote:
  housi mueller wrote:
> I would like to connect an Asterik server to an Avaya IP Office IP406
> and use the * as an VoIP Gateway.
>
> The IP Office has two Analog extensions available. I thought connecting
> this analog extensions to 2 FXO ports in the * to interconnect the PBX’s.

What sort of interaction are you after? It may be a better idea to try
to intercept the line card with asterisk, or if the IP406 has a VCM card
then to talk to it through the ethernet interface.

http://mail.yahoo.com