[asterisk-users] Asterisk build for Suse 10.1

Doug Crompton doug at crompton.com
Tue Jan 9 10:47:51 MST 2007

When you say build do you mean a plug and play binary? I use SUSE 7.3
here and it is easy to get the source files and compile it. It should
just work. The instructions would be in the README or INSTALL file in the
source.

1. Get the source at digium (the 1.2.x version might be better to start
with.

2. tar -xvzf <version_name>

3. cd to the directory tree made by step 2

4. Read the README and/or INSTALL text files for info on how to proceed

5. make

6. make install

These steps would vary depending on wether you need zap or other drivers
which would be compiled first. you would also want to download and install
the sound files.

There might be an easier install for a specific O/S version but I prefer
to do things manually here. Of course I still do most everything at the
command prompt also. I do not use a windowed system for my server.

I don't see any reason why 10.1 would be any different then my 7.3 in the
installation procedure.

Doug