[asterisk-users] Fax through Sangoma A102

jeremij jerome jeremij at gmail.com
Tue Jan 9 08:52:04 MST 2007

Hello,

in our company we are trying to do this:

Fax <--> Traditional PBX <--> Asterisk <--> PSTN

In practice, we have put an Asterisk equipped with a Sangoma A102 (2 PRI
ports) between our PBX (Siemens HiCom) and the PSTN in order to have a VoIP
network along the traditional telephony network.

The problem is with the fax. We just want to send and receive faxes from/to
our fax machine connected to the Siemens (without needing any interaction
with our VoIP network, the faxes are sent to/received from PSTN).
Unfortunately we are experiencing a lot of problems: the faxes not always
work and when they work, it's likely to have incomplete pages.

I know that faxing with VoIP is very troublesome, but maybe someone else is
using a similar configuration and he found a good configuration or maybe has
some hints to improve the results.

We are using Asterisk 1.2.13.

Thanks,
Jeremi