[asterisk-users] Strange queue behaviour

José Pablo Fernández pablo.fernandez at rs.com.ar
Mon Jan 8 13:51:09 MST 2007

Hello,
I have just installed Asterisk 1.4 and I am playing with it. I've created some
sip accounts and some queues. When I start asterisk I see many queues like
this:

all-phones-r has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'rrmemory' strategy (0s holdtime),
W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members:
      SIP/03 (Invalid) has taken no calls yet
      SIP/02 (Invalid) has taken no calls yet
   No Callers

that is, the members are in invalid state. What does that mean ? If I try to
call the queue I get this messages:

[Jan  8 17:48:20] WARNING[1681]: app_queue.c:3523 queue_exec: Unable to join
queue 'all-phones'

and the most weird thing happens when I make one of the members of the queue
call the queue. I will get the same "unable to join" message until something
happens and the call gets thru. (I've tried many, many calls with an external
phone with no luck). When that happens, queues are now like this:

all-phones-r has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'rrmemory' strategy (0s holdtime),
W:0, C:0, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members:
      SIP/03 (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
      SIP/02 (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
   No Callers

or

all-phones   has 0 calls (max unlimited) in 'ringall' strategy (0s holdtime),
W:0, C:1, A:0, SL:0.0% within 0s
   Members:
      SIP/03 (Not in use) has taken no calls yet
      SIP/02 (Not in use) has taken 1 calls (last was 38 secs ago)

and now it just works, even for external calls or anything.
Any ideas what's going on here ?
Thank you.
--
José Pablo Fernández