[asterisk-users] Allowing inbound VoIP Calls from VSP

Klaverstyn, David C David.Klaverstyn at intergraph.com
Mon Jan 8 21:34:31 MST 2007

Hi All,

I think I have missed something as I am resisted with 4 VSPs and I can
not dial in using any one of them using the corresponding VoIP numbers
assigned with the VSP.  I can make outbound calls to another VoIP number
to the same provider.

The weird thing is that I have a DID with a VSP and I have that working
fine but try using the associate VoIP number and nothing happens.

When someone tries to call my VoIP number they get an engaged tone or a
message form the VSP to say that the call could not be made.  Nothing
gets displayed in the Asterisk CLI.

I was running Trixbox and all was good until I went to plain Asterisk.
I was using Asterisk 1.2.14 with the problems mentioned here so I though
I would upgrade to 1.4.0, but I have the same problem.  Everything works
brilliantly except for incoming VoIP calls.

I have configured a user context for the call to come in on and the
appropriate code in extensions.conf

When someone does call my DID the very first line in the CLI is

    -- Accepting AUTHENTICATED call from 220.152.112.151

Please help.  I'm loosing my mind.