[asterisk-users] Some queries on g729 license.

Mike mlists at bigrideau.com
Mon Jan 8 13:53:00 MST 2007

Al Bochter wrote:
> Mike
>
> I understand that.
>
> but it states on there site and note the key words "may need"
> What I want to know is if you buy 10 licenses from digum can use the
> Open Souce code?
 That is not what you said or asked. You were asserting that a "free as
in beer" solution existed. If something says "may" it is incumbent upon
you to decide if the rules/requirements in question are applicable to
you, nobody else knows your situation.
To answer your new question, as I am not an expert in patent law I
haven't a clue.

> I see the note about the IPP license
>
> >From what I have been told this is easier to get working than Digum's
> G729

 I use Digium's codec and found it very easy to install.