[asterisk-users] Some queries on g729 license.

Al Bochter Al.Bochter at bochterservices.com
Mon Jan 8 13:32:51 MST 2007

Mike

I understand that.

but it states on there site and note the key words "may need"
What I want to know is if you buy 10 licenses from digum can use the
Open Souce code?
As long as you don't transcode than 10 at a time. Is that legal?

I see the note about the IPP license

 From what I have been told this is easier to get working than Digum's G729

    Legal Stuff - Important, please read

To use G.729 or G.723.1 _*you may need to pay a royalty fee.*_ Please
see http://www.sipro.com for details. Please note that this code is
available for you to download for education purposes only and if a
patent exists in your country for G.729 or G.723.1 then you should
contact the owner of that patent and request their permission before
executing the code.

To distribute Intel's IPP libraries with a commercial product, you may
need to pay a once-off license fee to Intel (currently $US180).

My patches to Intel's code are distributed free under the GPL. Most of
the code is just Intel's sample code re-arranged a little bit to work
the way Asterisk expects. Therefore, this work would not have been
possible without Intel doing 99.9% of the work.

Best regards,

Al Bochter
Bochter Services
http://www.BochterServices.com/?t=Email