[asterisk-users] G729 license counting

Al Bochter Al.Bochter at bochterservices.com
Mon Jan 8 13:07:45 MST 2007

You need a license when ever you transcode the audio

 From any codec to G729. or G729 to any codec
you will need a license for each instance.

If you call into your system from a provider that uses G729 you don't
need a license
If you check your voicemail that is saved on your system in GSM format
then you need a license to transcode the file from GSM to G729

Best regards,

Al Bochter
Bochter Services
http://www.BochterServices.com/?t=Email