SV: [asterisk-users] Manage 'full' log file

lenz lenz-ml at oinko.net
Mon Jan 8 09:10:10 MST 2007

You know that if you rename an open Unix file, it will stay open - i.e. if
you rename the logfile "full" to "full.1", Asterisk will continue writing
to "full.1" thinking it was "full".
The "logger rotate" command forces all log files to be closed and reopened
with their canonical names, so your file is actually rotated.
Hope this helps
l.