[asterisk-users] Some queries on g729 license.

Matthew Rubenstein email at mattruby.com
Mon Jan 8 07:14:25 MST 2007

	I connect to a PSTN carrier over SIP which requires me to connect with
a g729 codec. I'm using them for just robocalling: Asterisk server
originates calls which play a prerecorded file. Can I pre-encode those
stored files in g729 so they don't need to be encoded for each call? If
so, do I need a g729 license for each call, or just a license for the
preencoder? If the robocalls accept incoming DTMF, do I need g729
licenses for those calls?

--

(C) Matthew Rubenstein