[asterisk-users] Goto not jumping to current context

Dinesh Nair dinesh at alphaque.com
Mon Jan 8 00:57:58 MST 2007

in a simple dialplan like follows:

[firstcontext]
include => secondcontext
include => thirdcontext
include => fourthcontext

[fourthcontext]
_03X.,1,Goto(${EXTEN:2},1)

_X.,1,DoSomething()
_X.,2,Hangup()

the Goto() for exten _03X. seems to start the search for the jump within
firstcontext, thus possibly matching an exten in secondcontext or
thirdcontext first before hitting the matchall in fourthcontext. obviously,
a simple fix would be to change it to Goto(fourthcontext,${EXTEN:2},1).

however, i dont remember Goto working this way. shouldn't a Goto search
within the current context first when the context parameter is ommitted ?

it's asterisk 1.2.14 in FreeBSD 6.1 though.

dinesh at alphaque.com                (0 0)   http://www.openmalaysiablog.com/