[asterisk-users] Interrupt rates and voip traffic

Rajkumar S rajkumars+asterisk at gmail.com
Sun Jan 7 23:28:43 MST 2007

Hi,

This is slightly off topic, but here I go any way...

VoIP traffic has lot's of smaller packets, and since each packet can
generate an interrupt, is there any way to determine the irq rates in
a machine, and more importantly to know if I am hitting any of the
limits in Linux or to determine how much interrupts per second can my
box handle ?

There seems to absolutely no information about his particular metric any where..

raj