[asterisk-users] Problems with park

Scott Walde scott at saskatoon.com
Sun Jan 7 22:07:30 MST 2007

Hi.  I've spent the past four hours on this... if it's a FAQ, I apologize.

I am setting up a system with Asterisk 1.4, a TDM400 (3 FXO, 1 FXS) and
3 Aastra 480i CT phones.  (1.4.1 firmware.)  I have the system mostly
working, but am still having trouble with a couple features.  This email
will deal with parking.

First, I think I should point out that transferring calls seems to work
fine.  If I call into an FXO and have it ring on extension 102, I can
answer the call and transfer it to extension 101.  (Both Aastra 480i CTs)

I have followed the (very brief) instructions on voip-info.org titled
Asterisk Call parking.  Basically, I confirmed that features.conf was
already set up properly, and made sure parkedcalls was included in my
local context.  If I dial in via the FXO and answer the call on x102,
then hit transfer 700, I hear the announcement "701".  When I hang up
the phone, the LCD displays "Transfer Failed" and I get a bunch of
orphaned channels.

I have made sure that all my Dial commands end with ",tT" and have also
added "canreinvite=no" to my sip.conf.

Am I missing something simple? (probably)  Can someone please point me
in the right direction or let me know what config files you need to see?

Thanks in advance.

Oh, I just noticed, transferring _doesn't_ work fine... If I call from
x101 to x102, and try to transfer the call to an extension set up with
the Music on hold application, I get the same "Transfer Failed"
message.  Same thing if I call in via the FXO.  Now I'm even more lost,
but perhaps the problem isn't my parking config.

ttyl
srw