[asterisk-users] Best inexpensive home office router for VoIP (QoS with maybe PoE)

simon elliston ball simon at simonellistonball.com
Sun Jan 7 06:34:41 MST 2007

We've had a lot of success with Thompson Speedtouch 780 routers,
which have built in adsl modems, and two ATAs. They don't seem to use
QoS in the strictest sense, but do a very good job of prioritising
the traffic from their own ATAs.  If you're happy to stick with
analogue hansets instead of the SIP hardphones, they provide an
excellent protection to upload bandwidth. They also seem to do some
early dropping on incoming traffic to persuade the ISP's routers to
slow down downloads once a call has been going for a bit, hence they
can limit downloads as well.

simon