[asterisk-users] Dimensioning a 50 sip phone installation

Tim Panton tim at mexuar.com
Sun Jan 7 04:23:43 MST 2007

On 7 Jan 2007, at 07:28, Erick Perez wrote:

> The customer found a VIA EPIA 1.2ghz with 1gb ram, one pci slot
> mini.itx.
> Can this equipment handle a sangoma/digium E1 card with 25 SIP ulaw
> phones +voicemail and *no* call recording?

Yes. I've got the 1ghz version and it is fine (even doing 5 channels of
alaw -> g729a)

BUT

I'm not entirely happy with these motherboards. I've just had 2 (out
of a
total of 5!) die. In both cases the capacitors were faulty. The machines
were >1 year old and out of warranty, so I couldn't get replacements foc
despite the fact that the caps were clearly sub-standard.

When I replace these systems I won't be buying VIA EPIA again.

If you do buy them, make sure you spec a CD drive in the package.
I didn't and OS rebuilds are a pain to do via a USB DVD drive.

Tim Panton

www.mexuar.net
www.westhawk.co.uk/