[asterisk-users] "Reserved" extensions?

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Sun Jan 7 04:22:41 MST 2007

Am Samstag, den 06.01.2007, 23:02 -0800 schrieb Yuan LIU:
> I'm creating extensions _*XX.  But whenever I press *0 or *8, Asterisk
> throws out congestion and hangs up.  I set verbose to 6 and debug to 6, but
> all Asterisk cares to display in console is
>     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/1-1'
>     -- Hungup 'Zap/1-1'
>
> Are these combinations forbidden?

Check features.conf - there are combinations reserved for transfer etc.
In my feature.conf, "*0" was reserved for "hangup" (until I commented it
out).

My personal opinion for dialplans is that they should not use the "*"
and "#" keys for regular numbers - it just does not feel right. You are
of course free to differ :-)

BR
Anselm