[asterisk-users] DiD for less then $4

Brad Templeton brad+aster at templetons.com
Sun Jan 7 00:00:06 MST 2007

On Fri, Jan 05, 2007 at 02:29:03PM -0800, CM Rahman wrote:
> Anybody selling DID flat rate for less then $4 with sip or iax incoming? Let me know
>
> Thanks

vbuzzer charges $2 for flat rate DIDs, not quite sure how they do it.

However, I have had some clicks and pops of dropped packets with them
I don't get with other DID providers, you should check how it does with
you.

And, worst of all, there is a bug in either their code or asterisk
on reinvites.  Asterisk hangs up the call after receiving the somewhat
unusual reinvite OK that vbuzzer sends.   However, if you don't need
reinvites (ie. no IVR followed by xfer to phone with reinvite or
other xfers) it could be good for you.

The other question is, will you do more than 300 minutes (6 hours)
incoming a month on average?  If not, many people sell DIDs for
$1/month and 1 cent/minute.