[asterisk-users] SIP/RTP Nat problem, can't solute it.

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii rumatech at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 17:58:33 MST 2007

NAT changes address of the packet, but does not go inside of the SIP
packet itself. And SIP packet contains address as well. If you look at
debug output, you will see that SIP packets have remote host local
address in them, not the public IP as one would expect. At least this
is the problem I have.
Basically one needs some software to "NAT" the addresses inside of SIP
packets. STUN server is one alternative. I am about to put one in.

Rudolf