[asterisk-users] Handling SIP 482 condition

Chris Miller asterisk at scratchspace.com
Sat Jan 6 10:51:19 MST 2007

Paul Hales wrote:
> But the general thought is that if you build your contexts right, your
> internal SIP users should hit those numbers as part of their dialplan.

I would tend to agree, but the context that holds these number is an
inbound context which includes additional logic that would fail normal
calls. Yes, I can add the DIDs to the outbound context, but the point
here is not to have a bloated dialplan with parallel data in multiple
contexts. If I must have parallel data, I'd rather do a lookup in an
external table using AstDB or an application similar to DUNDILookup() or
ENUMLookup().

Another route I tried was to setup a "local" SIP trunk to catch the
loops and send them down the inbound context. This fails because there
are no SIP headers and the unknown peer is effectively NULL and will
never match this trunk. As I said, they just get routed to
from-sip-external.

The following BUG describes this issue, however the suggested patch
doesn't appear to have made it into the stable code.

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7403

I can't apply the patch due to massive changes in chan_sip.c since the
revision (47646) the patch was designed for, as a result I don't feel
comfortable trying to hack the patch code into the current version.

Just trying to avoid reinventing the wheel if there's already a known
workaround.

Chris