[asterisk-users] SIP Reinvites

Adrian Marsh Adrian.Marsh at ubiquisys.com
Sat Jan 6 02:05:54 MST 2007

Hi All,

I'm trying to understand how SIP re-invites work, if both parties are
NAT'd and firewalled.

I can't see how either party can initiate the conversation, and the
far-end firewall would surely see any incoming packets as unsolicited,
even with a STUN server giving the public IPs..

We recently moved networks, and my boss is telling me this used to work
on the old network for him and his SIP phpne at home, but in the move
the only thing that changed was the internal IP range, not the firewall
configs etc.

Cheers,

Adrian