[asterisk-users] SIP trunk to a Boscom/Claro/IP Gear Robocom

Rob Hillis rob at hillis.dyndns.org
Sat Jan 6 01:36:59 MST 2007

Hi all,

I'm having a hell of a time trying to get a SIP trunk working between
Asterisk and a Boscom/Claro/IP Gear Robocom. (the company that owns the
things has changed names at least twice since we've had them!)

The units are the backbone of our legacy PABX network and with the
introduction of Asterisk at our largest site, I'm trying to get Asterisk
to communicate directly with the units rather than going via our legacy
PABX network, but just can't figure out how the hell to configure the
Boscom and Asterisk so that they'll talk to each other properly.  I've
tried configuring Asterisk as a third party gateway and as a provider
without any success.

Has anyone dealt with these animals before and had any success?  I'm
completely out of ideas.