[asterisk-users] Voicemail personalised greetings using DB/IMAP backend?

Ray Jackson ray at jacksonz.net
Fri Jan 5 19:32:03 MST 2007

David Thomas wrote:

> In the DUNDi * cluster we're designing phones can register with any of
> our asterisk boxes. Actually sometimes phones are registered to
> multiple boxes. I'm wondering if the new IMAP/MWI would have any
> problems with this type setup. Any experiences here?

I am using SRV records, RealTime SIP peers and 302 redirects (Transfer)
and a bit of logic in the dial plans to scale our * cluster.  Phones may
register against any * server and an inbound call will always find which
server they are currently registered against.  It seems to work well for
us.  I am still testing the IMAP voicemail backend, but MWI seems to
work just fine with this setup... the * server the client was last
registered against handles MWI normally.  Sorry, I don't use DUNDi but
I'm sure an IMAP backend for your VM wouldn't have any impact on MWI.  I
am still in a testing phase though, so my experience with IMAP/MWI is
limited.

btw. How can a phone register to multiple boxes at the same time?  Do
you mean you could have multiple registrations that have not yet
expired?  We only ever care about the latest registration in our setup
and ignore old/stale registrations...