[asterisk-users] Dimensioning a 50 sip phone installation

Erick Perez eaperezh at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 17:59:53 MST 2007

what if I go with full g711-no transcoding?
remember that I will have an E1 coming in, so my usage can be up to 30
channels at once.
if that is an overkill machine config, and for obvious reasons I cant
use old hardware, what are your suggestions?

thanks,

On 1/5/07, Luki <lugosoft at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I was thinking of an HP DL140 with two 250gig sata disks and one
> > 3.8Xeon CPU with 2gig RAM.
>
> Should be plenty if not an overkill. One of our setups: 20 phones, 8
> outgoing/incoming SIP trunks, MeetMe conferencing with ztdummy and no
> Zap hardware. IVR/voice mail/MOH/Recordings/etc. Runs on a single
> PIII-600, 256 MB RAM. CentOS 4.4 with a stock 2.6.9-42 kernel.
> Asterisk 1.2.5, in production for 1.5+ years. CPU usage about 2% per
> call. Quite reliable (hence not upgraded). This is a g711 only setup
> with no transcoding.
>
> --Luki

Erick Perez
Panama Sistemas
Integradores de Telefonia IP y Soluciones Para Centros de Datos
Panama, Republica de Panama
Cel Panama. +(507) 6694-4780