[asterisk-users] Multiple users and a single extension

Phil Finkler PhilF at iqconsultinginc.com
Fri Jan 5 14:06:01 MST 2007

Hi all,

Quick question.  Is there a way to have multiple people have an
extension, say 900, to their polycom 501 SIP phones on one of the blue
buttons to where when a call comes in, I can have it simul-ring and
folks can pick up the line on their phone?  I'd like to set up a tech
support extension for our techs and have a voice mail box assigned to it
as well.  Right now I just have simulring set up and it rings all of the
techs, but they don't know if it's a tech support call or not because it
just looks like any other incoming call.

Thanks in advance,

Phil