[asterisk-users] how to transfer calls when analog phone has no transfer button

cb cb at mythtech.net
Fri Jan 5 10:28:45 MST 2007

On Jan 5, 2007, at 12:02 PM, Erick Perez wrote:

> When you have a bunch of analog phones that you want to connect to
> asterisk, but those analog phones have no transfer button, what are
> the options to allow the phones to transfer a call?

You can setup a dial rule to do transfering based on keypresses. I
can't give you specifics on how as I'm still using Trixbox which
handles some of that stuff for you. But in my setup, I was able to
turn on ## as a lead in for a transfer (ie: ##205 to transfer the
call to extension 205). This worked fine for softphones.

When I got my Mediatrix box working correctly and connected actual
analog phones, I planned to do the same, but the Mediatrix seems to
override something and instead reads a hook flash as the transfer
key, so on my actual analog phones, I just flash and then dial the
extension and it transfers.

The ## is still active for my softphones, so I think my flash setup
on the analogs is something being done by the Mediatrix box itself (I
think it may be generating whatever a transfer button on an IP phone
does)

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>