[asterisk-users] Which g729 module for HP DL 360 G3 (Xeon CPU's)?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Fri Jan 5 07:41:35 MST 2007

Eric Bishop wrote:
> I am running a HP DL360 G3 ans want to know the optimal g729 module for
> it. There don't seem to be any optimised for Xeon's. I am currently
> using i686, but is there a better one to match my Xeon CPU's?

Xeon is not an architecture, it's a brand name. Various Xeons have been
'prescott', 'nocona', 'pentium4m' and others, and there are newer
architectures that are not yet available as optimization targets in GCC.

The best advice we can give you is to just try the various modules that
seem appropriate for your system and determine which one gives you the
best performance by testing with 'show translation recalc 60' on an idle
system.