[asterisk-users] POE draw on Aastra 480i

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Fri Jan 5 07:22:44 MST 2007

Allen Casteran wrote:

> Anyone know what the POE draw is for the Aastra 480i phones?
>
> We have switches that will do 15 watts on 12 ports but only do 7.7
> watts on all 24 ports. A Cisco 3560 switch will do 15.6 watts on all
> 24 ports.
>
> Just trying to find out if we need that much power.

According to Aastra tech support, 5 watts (peak) per 480i.
We are testing five phones running on a Linksys SRW208P that will only
support full 15W on up to 4 of 8 ports. I can power up the switch while
all phones are connected without any issues.
I would expect your lower power switch will provide ample power.

regards,

Drew