[asterisk-users] Asterisk Core Dump in app_queue - Anyone seen?

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Thu Jan 4 10:24:29 MST 2007

Richard,

We have underscores all over the place in our config files, including others in queues.conf. I don't think that's the murder weapon.

I think, in general, queues are one of Asterisks biggest features, and also one of it's shakiest. The reload, which is run from a script, caused a reload on 3 servers that are supposed to be redundant, and each crapped it's pants in a slightly different manner. The first stopped processing all queue calls (ie calls would lockup), the second core dumped, and the third seemed ok until you did another 'reload app_queue.so' where it would tell you that the previous reload was not finished yet.

Someone made a post yesterday about doing 200 queues on Asterisk. I don't envy what he is about to endure.

Doug.