[asterisk-users] Hi reg. asterisk Compilation

Noah Miller noahisaacmiller at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 09:55:44 MST 2007

Hi Thiru -

>  Hi i need to done some  modify/changes in one of the asterisk c source code
> ,,eg: app_meetme.c
>  How can i compile and debug it without compile the whole module of
> asterisk...

I would not recommend trying to compile only small pieces of asterisk.
 It is broken up into many sections, and many of these sections depend
on other sections, and won't compile correctly when compiled alone.

Nonetheless, if you do want to try to compile just app_meetme.c, it is
in the "apps" directory of the source code.  For example, that may be
here:

/usr/local/src/asterisk-1.2.14/apps

You'll probably have to compile asterisk as a whole first, and then
figure out a gcc statement that links with all the other asterisk
components to compile just app_meetme.c.

Unless you're on a really slow machine, I think it would probably be
easier to just recompile all of asterisk.

>  and also let me know which editor suitable it ,I'm using suse linux..
>  Plz help me reg. this ..

That's a religious question.  Everybody has their favorite editor.  I
like gnu's nano, but there's lots of other popular editors: emacs, vi,
gedit, etc.

- Noah