[asterisk-users] postgres and asterisk

Thomas Kenyon digium at sanguinarius.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 06:47:43 MST 2007

O.Kamal wrote:
> I need to retrieve my asterisk to retrieve a values from postgresql, i
> am looking for some sort of application like *mysql*() app, I found one
> but it is only available on Suse, is there any way for doing this?
>
> Regards,
> O.Youssef

What do you need to do?
To get an SQL console with postgres you need to:

psql -d <database name to start in> -U <username to connect as>

ie:

psql -d asterisk -U asterisk

The location of psql is different depensing upon distribution but
usually it's in either /usr/bin/psql or /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql.

I'm not sure if this is what you want, if you want a pretty GUI
front-end then you could look at Pgadmin III (www.pgadmin.org) which
will run on Windows 2000/XP/2003 or unix/linux running X and requires
wxWindows and a pile of common libraries.