[asterisk-users] Any quiet 24 port POE switches out there?

shadowym shadowym at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 23:11:32 MST 2007

High end Cisco 24port PoE switches make noise too but at least they have a
variable speed fan so if your not loading the switch the fan will run
quieter.   It's still gonna be noisy for running on a desktop near people.

No way around it.  Any 24port PoE switch will need a fan and make lot's of
noise.  I would look for something that has a variable speed fan so if your
only using a few ports as PoE it will be quieter.  If you don't need 24 PoE
ports then go for the lower PoE port options mentioned