[asterisk-users] Detect IP path before calling

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 3 20:33:29 MST 2007

>From: Paul Hales <pdhales at optusnet.com.au>
>
>With the chanisavail command.
>
>PaulH

Doesn't seem to have effect.  Probably I should state the problem more
clearly.  Ideally, Asterisk should not attempt SIP if there's no way to
establish a SIP call.  This may include lack of IP connection (ping timeout,
for example), or no SIP listener on remote side (this would be difficult
because Asterisk can only use UDP).

My environment does not require remote end point to register, so consulting
the registry is not an option. (This is perhaps what ChanIsAvail does.)

Any suggestions?  I'll go to scripting if no other easy way.

Yuan Liu