[asterisk-users] Re: asterisk-users Digest, Vol 30, Issue 4

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Wed Jan 3 18:38:40 MST 2007

On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 03:17:35PM -0700, asterisk-users-request at lists.digium.com wrote:
> Has anyone made this combination work together?  I've tried everything
> and can't seem to get it work right.  It all compiles fine, but when
> rxfax is called, I get an unknown symbol error.  From my reading,
> everything points to me having multiple copies of spandsp and it's maybe
> calling the wrong one.

After the complete compile of asterisk, I jump into the apps/
directory and do this:

    [~/asterisk/1.4/apps] root at tardis>gcc -o app_rxfax.so -shared -Xlinker -x app_rxfax.o -lspandsp

After that, with ldd on app_rxfax.so you can confirm that is is
being linked.

Edwin

--
Edwin Groothuis      |            Personal website: http://www.mavetju.org