[asterisk-users] 1.4 segfaulting when manager client is connected

Brad Templeton brad+aster at templetons.com
Wed Jan 3 17:41:43 MST 2007

I was just trying astman with the latest svn trunk from Dec 31.  It
connects, but if I attempt to make a call, asterisk segfaults, but
in pthread_kill in /lib/tls/libpthread.so not in the asterisk code.

Is this something others have seen?  This is with glibc-2.3.4-2
I just upgraded to 2.3.6 (the lastest for Fedora core 3) and it's
the same.

Not much of a traceback, it's happening here:

    static struct eventqent *unref_event(struct eventqent *e)
{
        struct eventqent *ret = AST_LIST_NEXT(e, eq_next);
        if (ast_atomic_dec_and_test(&e->usecount) && ret)
                pthread_kill(accept_thread_ptr, SIGURG);
        return ret;
}

Should I file a bug on this?  I would presume if it's as trivial
to duplicate as it is for me that others would have seen it.