[asterisk-users] TDM400 & UK Caller ID problems ...

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Jan 3 15:44:14 MST 2007

So just when I thought I had caller ID going fine things seem to have
taken a turn for the worst. I'm now seeing lots of misses in picking up
the caller ID on a line I know provides it.

I know I've changed the TDM400 card and upgraded to the latest (1.2)
version of Zaptel but could this be connected?

This is what I'm seeing in the output:

   == Starting post polarity CID detection on channel 3
     -- Starting simple switch on 'Zap/3-1'
Jan  3 21:21:27 NOTICE[11667]: chan_zap.c:5888 ss_thread: Got event 17 (Polarity Reversal)...
     -- Executing NoOp("Zap/3-1", "Look whos calling: ") in new stack

(The NoOp line just dumps the caller ID, or not in this case)

Sometimes it does work - which is what makes it more preplexing.

Config files haven't changed and they have the right runes in them:

usecallerid=yes
cidsignalling=v23
cidstart=polarity

One thing I have started doing is running fxotune on the lines - do you
think this might make a difference?

And has anyone any experience of CID on Telewest lines in the UK? (as
opposed to BT which I'm currently using, but have a prospect who has some
Telewest lines)

Thanks,

Gordon